Monday, September 5, 2011

furry boa + $.50 frames

= fun craft projects in the Jolly house!

With this Labor day weekend came college football and a day off for my Hunk and I! Friday night we enjoyed a Chesterfield High School football game, in which we raced to the car, only to beat the downpour by mere seconds. Saturday, I grocery shopped, and curled up with the dogs to watch the Clemson Tigers play some awesome football. Sunday we went to church, cut the grass, and I participated in my first every Fantasy Football Draft! All inbetween those things was sheer laziness...and boy did it feel good!

Today I decided it was time to get my booty to work cleaning house, doing laundry (I do this ONLY one day a week, as its my most hated chore), and finishing up some exciting projects around here!

First things first... as I mentioned in the Pink Room makeover post, I was planning on a new light fixture to go with the black and white decor. Well, it is finally finished, and hanging ever so happily from the celing. I had imagined a ribbon light fixture, and this is what resulted...





Isn't it quite cute? It was fairly simple to make, just a lot of hot glue and ribbons, some blingy things and some fish line, and a feathery boa. I'm quite pleased, and the room is taking shape more and more by the week...

Next, as I had mentioned a few weeks ago I had an idea for art for the office room. It was super simple. My sister and I ventured out with the goal of finding some picture frames... They didn't need glass, or backs, I just wanted the frame part. The wonderful Sunshine Shoppe (a Hospice related thrift store and my #1 love around here) came to the rescue, in the form of 10 of these frames...at $.50 each!! Woo Hoo! I spray painted the frames white, and hot glued scrapbook where a picture would go. This is what resulted...


I envision putting a wooden "J" in the center frame! I didn't take any other pictures of this project, as the frames are hanging in the office/craft room...and it is far from picture worthy.

Also today, I did a bit of getting ready for fall! I did a few things around the house, so check back for some super simple fall-esque updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment