Saturday, August 27, 2011

Easier said than done....

Well, that's the motto for about the last two weeks of life in the Jolly household. We have had a whirlwind half month, in that Nick has started teaching (thus learning names, lesson planning, plus after school activities and sports) and I have become very busy as well. We know this is just part of our settling in, but man, its wearing me out! After saying that, I apologize for my lack of sweet blog posts. I promise to do better! (and Gab knows a girl can never break a promise!).

First things first, I did complete my "to- do" list for last weekend! Well, I completed probably 3/4 of it. I know I know, bummer. I'll start with that update...

1- I did get a good bit of the "green room" cleaned up! I sorted bills, of which I need to file, and I also just put a bunch of junk in the closet. I know that wasn't my plan, but I can go through it at another point, at least it's sight unseen right now!

2- I made some green room art!! It's super cute, and it's been sitting on our dining table since last Tuesday when I tackled that project. No, we are not those people who eat every meal at the table, and yes, I need to actually hang the less-than-twenty-dollar artwork.

3- I did a bit of yard sale poking, and also visited the Sunshine Shoppe, which is an equivalent to a goodwill type store, but proceeds benefit Hospice. The art project in #2 resulted in a great find at the Sunshine Shoppe!

5- (apparently I couldn't count correctly in the last post, so we'll just go with it for this one too) I had some wonderful time with the hubby and babies, and the sister too, who came down for the weekend! I even drug her to yard sales Saturday!

Lastly, I did finish my ribbon chandelier, and I am very proud of it! (update: I just went into the pink room and the chandelier is now hanging crooked due to my "rigging" it up and not completely hanging it like i wanted :( )

I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to post again by the end of this weekend, with some awesome photos of all this hard work, as well as an update on new things I've planned and ideas I've had!

Thanks for reading our blog, even though our lives have his a busy bump- We'll be back at this blog, stronger than ever... seeing as it's a good "escape" from life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment