Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Maybe I Lied


So, maybe a lied. In my last post, I said I was back with a bang, and obviously, I wasn't. I just have some sort of writers block. I don't know what direction to take my blog posts. I read and read and read so many different blogs every day, and they all give me inspiration, but I have such a hard time writing myself.

So bare with me?

I really want this to be an outlet. For life, and crafts, and thoughts. Living away from everything I knew for 21 years has been a challenge, and I am learning all about myself all over again.

But I want to share with you. I want to share my ideas for our home, my feelings, and daily happenings for the Jolly's. Just to be real, my hub just came to me and said "Your blogging while in the tub naked?" Well yes honey, I am. Because I'm relaxing, and I'm deciding to put some of my thoughts to paper (uh screen?) and break through my rut.

So,

Lets start with a little get-to-know-you game. Im going to answer some questions so that you, the readers, will better understand me, a fun way for me to introduce myself!




1. What time did you get up this morning? 
This is an iteresting question to start on, since today wasn't a normal Tuesday for me. I woke up at 8am. (I didn't have to be at work until 11am, because we aren't allowed overtime in my Corporate job, so we get a go-in-late day or a get-off-early day. I'd rather have the overtime!) I showered, and the hub made me an egg sandwich for breakfast while I made our salads for lunch. Then we went out to the polls and voted, before I headed into work.




2. How do you like your steak? 
Medium rare? I like somewhat pink, and definately juicy!
3. What was the last movie you saw at the theater? 
I think I saw Magic Mike with a friend. Yum.


4. What is your favorite TV show? 
Favorite? Im not sure I even have a favorite. The hub and I really are enjoying Scandal, and also Nashville. When I'm watching along, usually the TV is on TLC or HGTV.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? 
Wherever my hub lives. Corny I know, but having him with me keeps me sane.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
An egg sandwich, conpliments to the chef!

7. Do you wear glasses or contacts? 
I wear glasses while I'm at work, or reading at home. Just got them over the summer after having headaches almost every evening after work! (I use a computer a lot, so I think that was a problem)

8. What food do you despise?
None. Im willing to try almost anything, and can't think of anything I despise.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? 
We don't eat out much, but we do enjoy a local restaurant called The Bank. They also have a pretty nice bar where we can hang out with friends and watch football on the weekends! I find myself missing the "normal" restaurants in Rock Hill, since we don't have many places to eat in Chesterfield.


10. Favorite dressing? 
Ranch- but it must be Hidden Valley

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 
I have a 2010 Rav 4. The hub and I bought it just before we were married. Thankfully we did, because it has come in handy a LOT since moving and traveling back and fourth to Rock Hill. 

12. What are your favorite clothes?
Sweatpants or leggings with a tee shirt! I know, very stylish.

13. Where would you visit, this weekend, if you had the chance? 
This weekend, I'd say the Biltmore. I was just thinking about it the other day. I think they are already decorated for Christmas, and I love me some fresh mountain air. We last visited the Feburary after we got engaged. Maybe it could be a little anniversary trip this year! (Hint Hint Nick) Or, I'd go right back to Angitua in a heartbeat!




14. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I am very much a wimp!

15. Where would you want to retire? 
Right here. We are really enjoing our town, and could certainly see ourselves staying here.

16. What is your desktop photo? 
I'm writing from the hubs computer, so of course the background is Carolina Panthers.


17. Where were you born?
Charleston, SC
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
It would be a tie between Football and Basketball, since Nick is coaching both. Basketball is probably easier to follow, but I love some cold weather Football!


19. How many siblings?
One, my sweet sissy Alex! (but my only first cousin, Christy, might as well be a sissy!)

20. Favorite pastime/hobby? 
Crafting? Shopping? Reading? Im pretty normal

21. Coffee Drinker? 
Sometimes. I have to sweeten it just right.

22. Are you a morning person or a night person? 
Could I choose inbetween? I LOVE SLEEP (add that to a favorite hobby two questions up!) I can usually get up alright in the mornings as long as I went to bed early the night before. I usually get in bed by 10:00 and get up around 6:15. This girl loves sleep!

23. Do you have any pets? 
I prefer to call them children. Princeton and Berkeley are the fur Jolly's.




Yay, that was fun! Lets get one thing straight. I am no professional photographer. So, I will work on taking better pictures for you. Althought, I will still use my Iphone most of the time.

So, What about you? Care to answer any of these questions for yourself? I loved sharing with you, and hope to be back super soon with another post!

PS. I borrowed these questions from another blog, The Observant Turtle, so go over and check out Whitney's blog! (Whitney I hope you don't mind that I borrowed from you!)

Until next time,
Gib






















.

1 comment: