Thursday, September 6, 2012

Almost a year later, but back with a BANG!

So, did you think Gib and Gab fell off the planet? Well sort of, but we are back, and bound and determined to jump on this blog and share our brains once more!

When we last left off, I believe I had a yard sale find in October of 2011. WOAH, there is so much to catch you up on! 

Here is the speedy version of the last year (almost) of my life.

The hubs, now mostly known as "Hunka Hunka" and I celebrated our first Christmas together. We spent time in Chesterfield, but also with our families in Rock Hill. Nick got me an Iphone, and started a tradition of gifting me a nutcracker (actually two!). I got Nick a coaching Jacket, and some stocking goodies. It was great to spend time together and with our families for the holidays, since moving away sometimes makes me sad that we can't be with our families all the time.



We then celebrated being married for one whole year! We took a weekend away, to Myrtle Beach, just to have some special time celebrating. Once arriving home, we dug the top layer of our wedding cake from the freezer and dug in! The picture below was taken on our actual one year anniversary, and the background holds a wedding portrait on the front of our coffee table book.


Next on the list for 2012, my sister and I joined our grandparents on a yearly trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It is always a special time, as we are very much spoiled girls! This year, we went ice skating at the ski lodge (as well as plenty of outlet shopping and eating)!


 The year 2012 has brought Nick and I so much to be thankful for, including purchasing OUR FIRST HOME! Thats right, we took the plunge, and bought our first little home in Chesterfield, SC. As of now, we have lived in our home since April, and I have yet to take any sort of "house tour" photos, so look for that in upcoming posts! I cant explain the love I have for this little home, and how excited I am to DIY it from top to bottom!




After we bought our home, we went to Rock Hill to see my baby sister off to her Senior Prom. Doesn't she look like a barbie doll? Then about a month later we watched her graduate. I've never been so proud in my life! (Can you tell I also got my hair chopped off?)



 In early summer, my family lost one of the sweetest men I have ever known. My Pawpaw Johnny passed away, resulting in my first grandparent joining Jesus in heaven! I try to have a positive outlook on his passing, because I know he is in such a better place. Pawpaw's girls, myself, my sissy, and my cousin (sissy too!) Christy miss him so much! We were able to visit Kansas City on a girls weekend trip this summer along with Mawmaw Kay and Aunt Pam. It was a fun family time, and of course lots of kissing on precious Weston!


 After returning from KC, it was time to jump right into fall pretty much. Nick started his second year teaching, and I made him decorate his classroom this year (he teaches PE, but has a classroom for his Health units). My sister helped, and in only one day we were able to flip his room from BLAH to BAM! Im pretty proud of it, and he won "Most Improved" classroom!


And this pretty much brings us to now. Fall for the Jolly's is a lot of RAM FOOTBALL, CLEMSON FOOTBALL (gamecock if you are Mr. Jolly), and PANTHER FOOTBALL along with pumpkin smelling candles and baking goodies. Becky and I have a pact to get a photo of us at every Varsity game this year!

All in all, you are caught up. Doesn't it feel good to know what I've been up to for almost a year! I PROMISE, I won't let you down again, I have so much to catch up on and share with you, and we have our own home now, so I can paint anything, tear anything up, and do anything I want!

Who is excited that this blog is back? (I know Gab is, so thats one on my side!)

Heres to kicking this thing off again, and allowing you a peek in my DIY smalltown life!

No comments:

Post a Comment