Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Jolly Weekend


Last week was truly busy for Nick and I, but we ended it with a PERFECT Saturday and Sunday! We were having family from our hometown, Rock Hill, visit us, and we always love entertaining!

We started our Saturday off by planning to go to Nicks school, as I hadn't even been inside his new workplace. On our way, my lovely dear husband pointed out a Yard Sale sign, of which I couldn't let us pass! We whipped the car around with smiles on our faces (well, at least mine). I told nick that we'd just ride by and see if there was anything that caught my eye, and only stop if there was something spectacular! Well, low and behold... we found this awesomeness...


and guess how much we paid for it... TWENTY DOLLARS! Oh my goodness, I'm so excited to give this baby a makeover! I can't decide yet if i'll make it another piece for the "pink room", or even turn it into craft storage in the "green room" (which is my unfinished craft room/office...i'll show it to you soon) Until I decide, im brainstorming ideas.

Here are a few more detailed pictures...
(the drawer pulls are antique feeling, and quite girly...i like!)

The curvy lines are perfect! Although you can't see it in either of these pictures, the bottom of the dresser is about 2 inches from the floor, with the same scallopy pattern! Stay tuned for more ideas and makeovers for this baby!

From the yard sale, we were back on track for our saturday (and I was in a much happier mood from our find!) We made our way to Nick's school, and upon our arrival, Nick unlocked the door, and the schools
alarm proceded to go off, saying "The police will be notified of this break-in." I couldn't help but to laugh, after my stomach dropped to my toes!

All of this excitement was only preparing us for the arrival of ... DUN DUN...
Meet Betty Boop (oh and Aunt Patti, Uncle Ronnie and Lacy)! Sidenote- Yes, I come from a family who names their cars, and these cars are always Corvairs!

We were so excited to have my fun aunt and uncle over for the night! We gave them a tour of our sweet town, played an intense game of monopoly, grilled steaks, ate too much, and ended the night watching Secretariat! Here is a little taste of the country food we bought at the produce stand, along with some of what our home garden guests brought... YUMM!
Then on Sunday, we all got a great surprise!!
My been-traveling-for-eight-weeks-across-the-country-grandparents came into town! The take a trip every summer, in their RV, otherwise known as Mac, pulling Tow Mater, who holds Sally. :) Can you guess what my pawpaws favorite movie is?? So needless to say, this girl who is attached to her family had a WONDERFUL weekend with some very special people! I couldn't have been happier beating uncle Ronnie and aunt Patti at Monopoly (I beat nick too), and showing my grandparents our new home for their first time! It was a perfect weekend.
Now, for all you car buff's out there...here is a shot of the cars (minus any people)
How have your weekends been? Finding any awesome yard sales? What about family time, how do you entertain?

No comments:

Post a Comment