Saturday, August 6, 2011

Coasters

Once upon a time I had these awesome, but rather ugly, coasters. These coasters have been floating from apartment to apartment the last few years patiently waiting their rejunvenation, which was originally planned upon purchase (and like some projects of mine, get put off, and put off, and well). Then all of a sudden one day, a little glue and some fabric made them like new and they were very happy.



I started by priming my coasters with some white acrylic paint to ensure the previous design would not show through my fabric. As you can see they had an interesting old school flower print on them. My fabric of choice was a pillow case found at the one and only Salvation Army. The process was extremely simple. Cut and glue (I used simple ole Elmers and it worked like a gem). When gluing I used a small paint brush to create an even smooth coat of adhesive. Because my coasters were already coasters I did not have to worry about felting the bottom, however if I repeat the process in the future, I will most likely purchase fresh
square ceramic tiles from the hardware store and start from scratch; see this pin for the same concept using scrapbook paper, which would allow for an assortment of prints OR see this pin for using paint squares, which I'm thinking could be awesome with Mod Podge, yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment