Saturday, August 6, 2011

OMBRE!

To be so very rigid and structured, I am very fickle, and of my ever changing ways are my nails. Whether just switching colors or finding some new and fun masterpiece, nail polish and acetone are always abundant in my household. This week's choice was a pin I found and knew, right away, I would need to jump on the bandwagon, thus here are my awesome Coral Ombré Nails.



To achieve this look, I simply chose several polishes that were in the same color span and painted from darkest to lightest. The trick is to have smooth jumps in color and often times reds and pinks are the abundant shades in one's collection. Although I own many lovely brighter colors that I would have enjoyed experimenting with, this was my best group. (I almost have enough blues, only one more shade, so they're
next!). I ran into a slight hiccup and noticed that the jump from my 3rd color choice to my 4th was a bit more drastic, so to compensate I did a base of 3 then a coat of 4 to give me a nice between shade. I again apologize for the poor quality pictures, they do not do justice for this awesome technique, so go check the original site already! Now only if I can achieve sitting still long enough not to mess them up and have to repaint 4 times, as I did here.

No comments:

Post a Comment